Listed below is all the necessary contact information for your county. Please contact Animal Services, the SPCA, shelters and all other locations listed that surround the area where the dog was lost, found or sighted. Community web pages, like Radio Stations’ Facebook pages, are another effective way to share the dog’s info. Don’t forget neighbouring counties as well. The more people that know, the more quickly a dog will get home.
- An easy to use poster/flyer generator
- Place free classified ads on Kijiji under Community/Lost and Found or Pets/Other
- Website Dedicated to Finding Lost Dogs
- Article: How to find a lost dog – Written about Shelties, but applies to any breed. A MUST read.
Remember to First Call:
- Animal Services: 902-742-3147 (within the Municipality of the District of Yarmouth and the Town of Yarmouth)
- Municipality of Argyle: 902-307-5075
- Yarmouth Branch SPCA: 902-742-9767 to report a lost dog
- Municipality of Barrington Animal Impound Facility: 902-742-9767 or Argyle: 902-648-2623
- Vets in or around your area
- Tri-County Veterinary Services Ltd – 49 Chebogue Road, Yarmouth, NS – 902-742-4516
- Parade Street Animal Hospital – 92 Parade Street, Yarmouth, NS – 902-742- 3108
- Western Nova Veterinary Services Ltd – 92 Parade St, Yarmouth, NS – 902-742-3108
- CJLS – The Wave – 95.5 FM Yarmouth – http://www.facebook.com/pages/CJLS-The-Wave/186605881367192?ref=ts