Listed below is all the necessary contact information for your county. Please contact Animal Services, the SPCA, shelters and all other locations listed that surround the area where the dog was lost, found or sighted. Community web pages, like Radio Stations’ Facebook pages, are another effective way to share the dog’s info. Don’t forget neighbouring counties as well. The more people that know, the more quickly a dog will get home.
- An easy to use poster/flyer generator
- Place free classified ads on Kijiji under Community/Lost and Found or Pets/Other
- Website Dedicated to Finding Lost Dogs
- Article: How to find a lost dog – Written about Shelties, but applies to any breed. A MUST read.
- Lost and Found Pets – Cape Breton – This is a FaceBook Page you will have to join to post.
Remember to First Call:
- Animal Services: 902-631-2015
- RCMP Detachments: Arichat – 902-226-2533, St. Peter’s 902-535-2002, Port Hawkesbury – 902-625-2220 and the Municipality of Richmond County – 902-226-2400
- Animal By-Law Officer at 902-227 5896
- Vets in and around your area.
- Highland Animal Hospital – 3 MacIntosh Road, Port Hawkesbury, NS – 902-625-3315
- Strait Veterinary Hospital – 714 Reeves Street, Unit 7, Port Hawkesbury, NS –902-625-5757
- CIGO – 101.5 The Hawk
- The Reporter (Weekly)
- 2 MacLean Court
- Port Hawkesbury NS B9A 3K2
- Fax: 902-625-1701
- Editorial: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising: email@example.com
- Classified Advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org