Listed below is all the necessary contact information for your county. Please contact Animal Services, the SPCA, shelters and all other locations listed that surround the area where the dog was lost, found or sighted. Community web pages, like Radio Stations’ Facebook pages, are another effective way to share the dog’s info. Don’t forget neighbouring counties as well. The more people that know, the more quickly a dog will get home.
- An easy to use poster/flyer generator
- Place free classified ads on Kijiji – under Community/Lost and Found or Pets/Other
- Website Dedicated to Finding Lost Dogs – Explore the entire site
- How to Find a Lost Dog – Written about Shelties, but applies to any breed. A MUST read.
- Lost and Found Pets – Cape Breton – This is a Facebook Page, you will have to “join” it to post.
Remember to First Call to Report A Lost Dog:
- Town of Port Hawkesbury Policing Services Animal Control: 902-625-3315
- Dog Control Officer: 902-787-2274
- Vets in and around your area.
- Baddeck Veterinary Clinic Ltd – Inverness Office – Central Av, Inverness, NS – 902-258-3859
- Highland Animal Hospital – Central Av, Inverness, NS – 902-258-3200
- Highland Animal Hospital – Whycogmagh, NS – 902-756-2201
- The Inverness Oran (Weekly)
- Serving Inverness County Since 1976
- 15767 Central Avenue
- PO Box 100
- Inverness NS B0E 1N0
- Fax: 902-258-2632
- Advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Reporter (Weekly)
- 2 MacLean Court
- Port Hawkesbury NS B9A 3K2
- Fax: 902-625-1701
- Editorial: email@example.com
- Advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classified Advertising: email@example.com